When flying rocks hit your windshield, it can cause a tiny crack that can grow larger. When this happens, the best option is to take it to a professional windshield repair shop, like Affordable Auto Glass in Spring Valley for an inspection and possible repair or replacement.
A thorough inspection of your windshield should be done every time you have your routine repairs.
How does your windshield keep you safe?
- offers you protection from road debris
- keeps your roof from collapsing
- offers you a full view of the road in front of you.
- acts as a backstop for air bags
- prevents you and your passengers from ejection of the car if you have an accident
It’s a wise move to take care of the cracks even if they are small. Windshield repairs are less expensive than having the entire windshield replaced. They also take less time.
How big does the chip have to be to warrant a repair rather than a replacement?
As a rule of thumb, if a quarter can cover a chip, the chip can be repaired. Resin is injected into the damaged area and cured with a UV light.
Why get a small crack repaired?
Temperature changes and vibrations can cause a crack to get larger. Driving in direct sunlight can also cause the crack to grow. This could happen while you are driving, which is dangerous.
What do you look for when researching windshield repair shops?
- Look for high quality and unbeatable service.
- Look at the comments people leave.
- Large inventory of glass for quick replacement
- Look for a company that will work with your insurance company
- Are the technicians full trained and certified?
- What type of warranty do they provide?
- Do they offer mobile service?
Majesty Auto Glass is your choice to go far beyond your expectations to be sure your windshield repair or replacement is more than satisfactory. Call us today!